1. Definitions In these conditions the property owners, “The Owners”, in letting to the holiday maker (“The Customer”).
2. Customers must agree to take good care of their holiday home, to leave it as clean & tidy & as they found it. This is the main condition of acceptance of any booking.
3. Good Housekeeping & Key Deposit All new Customers will be levied a deposit of £150 per week or short break (comprising £100 good housekeeping and £50 key deposit), which is refunded after departure after a satisfactory inspection by the Owners, or their representative. The lead name on the booking form is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the stay.
4. Holidays In order that properties can be thoroughly inspected between lets, holidays commence at either 4.00 pm on arrival day and terminate at 10.30 am on departure day.
a) Bookings are accepted on the understanding that you have read the description on the Web site and accept the terms and conditions attached to the booking.
b) The Owners offer holidays based on accommodation only. We do not offer package holidays.
c) Bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days pending receipt of a non-returnable deposit of 30% of the total hire (see the pricing pages). For payment see section 7, below.
d) The balance of the hire charge and the £150 good housekeeping & key deposit is due six weeks before the commencement of the holiday. If we do not receive your balance by that date we will assume that you have cancelled your booking and will seek to re-let the property. You will be held responsible for the balance of the hire charge due if the property cannot be re-let, despite the best efforts of the owners or their representatives.
e) Once a booking is confirmed by ourselves in writing or by e-mail a contract is deemed to be formed between the Customer and the Owner.
f) If you book within 6 weeks of your holiday then the whole hire charge plus good housekeeping & key charge is required.
6. Occupancy The property is offered only on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people as indicated on the web site shall use it. The maximum number of people includes babies and children. The Owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the whole party if this condition is not observed. The property is occupied strictly for holiday use only. The Customer has no right to remain in the property or to allow any person accompanying them to remain in the property.
7. Payment We accept payments by Paypal and cheques (drawn on a UK Bank & cleared prior to occupancy).
8. Bunk Beds Duvets, pillows and linen are provided.
9. Linen Bed linen, towels and tea towels provided except bunk beds.
10. Fuel Electricity, gas and water charges are included in the hire charge.
11. Liability No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to the Customer or any member of their party, their baggage, car or contents resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of ourselves.
12. Complaints If it is felt that there are reasonable grounds for complaint about your holiday home we must be contacted immediately so that appropriate action can be taken during your stay. No such matters can be dealt with after completion of your holiday.
13. Access The Owners or their representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time for inspection and or essential maintenance.
14. Cancellation Insurance & Cancellation Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance cover. Should cancellation be made which does not qualify under the terms of the Customers own insurance policy then the hire charge is due in full. We will seek to re-let the property on your behalf at the best possible price but not necessarily at the advertised brochure price and if successful would normally return the balance of the hire charge to you less the non refundable deposit. If the property remains unlet the Customer is due to pay in full. The Owners reserve the right to pursue this claim, plus any legal costs
15. Cancellation by Ourselves In the unlikely event that your holiday accommodation becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control we will use our best endeavours to find a suitable alternative property, or failing which, all monies paid will be returned in full and we shall not be under any other liability.
16. Lost Property We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any lost property left behind at the end of your stay.
17. Representation Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information given either orally or written all such representations are made in good faith, no such representations will create any liability on the part of the Owners.
18. Stag and Hen Parties We do not accept bookings from Stag or Hen Parties.
19. Statutory Rights These conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
20. Utilities When a utility service to a holiday property fails The Owners will assist where possible to contact the utility provider to determine when the service will be restored, The Owners will not be held liable for the utility service failure.
21. Appliances In the event an appliance breaks down, it will be repaired as soon as practicably possible. The Owners will not pay compensation in such circumstances.
22. Night Time Economy Richmond is generally a quiet market town with a high proportion of pubs concentrated around its market place and the area immediately beyond. Weekends (particularly Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays) are routinely busy times for these pubs, attracting locals and visitors to the town centre; some licensed premises are permitted to extend opening hours into the early hours. Some noise may be experienced at these times, given the proximity of the holiday property to the market place and nearby licensed premises. The customer accepts the booking in full knowledge of this activity.
23. Drugs The owners adopt a zero tolerance policy approach to the presence and or use of drugs in and around the property. Any evidence suggesting the presence of and/ or use of drugs in the property will result in the owners or their representatives reporting such matters to the Police and sharing such information as may be useful to help identify individuals present at the accommodation. In any event, the lead name and contact information on the booking form will be provided to the Police as a matter of course.
24. Late Arrivals In circumstances where customers expect to arrive at the accommodation after 4.00pm, keys to the accommodation can be left in an externally placed safe, but only by prior arrangement.
25. Use of Internet/Wifi By connecting to our network you are agreeing to use the internet only for legal purposes. You may not use our network for activities including, but not limited to: illegal streaming, torrents, downloads and uploads.